Year 6 - Miss McNee
There are 26 children in Year 6
Miss McNee - Class Teacher
Mrs Smith - Supporting Class Teacher
Mrs Kitching - Teaching Assistant
Mademoiselle Morton - French Teacher
Year 6's PE is on a Friday afternoon.
Children can attend school in their PE uniform on their PE Day.
PE uniform consists of;
- white t shirt (plain or with the school logo)
- navy blue or black plain shorts
- navy blue or black plain leggings/tracksuit bottoms
- school jumper or cardigan
- trainers or PE pumps
Year 6's Curriculum
Throughout the year, we will study a variety of different topics:
- Autumn One: Devastating Disasters
- Autumn Two: Vikings and Anglo Saxons
- Spring One: Amazing Americans
- Spring Two: Amazing Americans
- Summer One: The Industrial Revolution
- Summer Two: A trip down under
Please see Year 6's Curriculum Overview for more information.
Throughout each topic the children will be covering a variety of different subjects including:
- Design and Technology
Year 6 Long Term Curriculum Plan
Spelling: Children have weekly spellings which they will learn during the week in class. For extra practice, there will be a copy of the weekly spellings posted on Class Dojo. Children will have a quiz on the spellings every Friday.
Reading: Children are expected to read every night for at least ten minutes. Please support your child with their reading by asking them questions about the text. Please sign your child's reading record and return to school daily.
In addition to this, an activity will be set on Reading Eggspress once a week to complete.