Amazon have free audible stories to stream here https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Hairy Letters - assists with letter and sound recognition (free for Apple users)
Hairy words 1 – designed to support sight knowledge (free for Apple users)
Hairy Phonics 1 &2 – develops phonemic awareness and introduces 9 most common consonant digraphs (free for Apple and Android users).
Why is Reading Important for Young Children?
Focusing on reading in young children from an early age is quite important since it has its advantages over the time.
- Improved Writing By reading better, your child will be able to form sentences correctly and write them easier.
- Improved Grammar The rules of grammar can be absorbed easily by exposing the child as early as possible to grammatically correct sentences.
- Enhanced Imagination Reading stories and other articles can stoke their creativity and get their imagination flowing.
- Future Success Children who can understand what they read can excel in studies quickly.
- Real Life Safety The importance of reading safety signs or road rules in the world can be pretty much a lifesaver for your children in the long run.
- Infuse Confidence A child who can figure out things on his own can build his confidence rapidly.
- Improved speech sounds Reading from the book helps streamline thoughts and help us with the clarity of speech.
- Better Vocabulary There’s simply no other way to improve your collection for words apart from reading as much as you can.